Please be advised that starting Saturday July 10th, Somerset County Park Commission will no longer offer single rider golf carts due to the increasing popularity of play at the five golf courses, as well as a limited availability of golf carts and the excessive wear and tear caused by carts to the courses.
Golf carts will be issued on a first come, first serve basis according to one’s tee time reservation. Foursome and threesome reservations shall be limited to two golf carts per reservation. Twosome reservations will be limited to one cart per reservation.
It is the responsibility of the person reserving the tee time to fully communicate these procedures to all golfers in his or her group in advance to arriving at the golf course.
There will be no exceptions to this policy.
Thank you for your cooperation.
General Golfing Policies and Procedures:
Sanitization Measure to be Employed at All Golf Courses:
- All high-touch areas will be routinely, and after each use, cleaned and disinfected in accordance with CDC guidelines. Such areas include, but are not limited to, golf carts, counter tops, door knobs, other common surfaces, range buckets and other frequently touched surfaces including employee used equipment. It shall be the Park Commission policy to ensure cleaning procedures following a known or potential exposure at the golf course in compliance with CDC recommendations.
- The safety and well-being of the Park Commission’s staff and all golfers is of paramount importance. For this reason, the Commission is committed to ensuring that all of its golf courses have a sufficient number of workers to perform the above protocols effectively.
Social Distancing Requirements at All Golf Courses:
- Park Commission staff, golfers, and all other individuals are required to wear cloth face coverings in all settings on the golf course where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, except where doing so would inhibit that individual’s health, or where the individual is under two years of age.
- Golfers shall at all times and, in particular, when on golf tee boxes and golf greens maintain appropriate social distancing by remaining six feet apart from others.
– Somerset County Park Commission Golf Operations