Somerset County Park Commission Golf Courses Update
Somerset County Golf has a few updates on changes that are taking place going forward:
***With the restrictions and golfers opting for single rider carts there is a shortage of carts at some of the Somerset County golf courses. Please be prepared to wait for a cart or for carts to not be available for your round***
• All courses will have regular flags and holes (please DO NOT touch the flags and leave the flags in the holes until further notice!)
• Restrooms are now OPEN at all pro shops
• Putting greens are now open, but with NO cups
We will continue to advise as other restrictions are lifted in the future!
General Golfing Policies and Procedures:
Sanitization Measure to be Employed at All Golf Courses:
- All high-touch areas will be routinely, and after each use, cleaned and disinfected in accordance with CDC guidelines. Such areas include, but are not limited to, golf carts, counter tops, door knobs, other common surfaces, range buckets and other frequently touched surfaces including employee used equipment. It shall be the Park Commission policy to ensure cleaning procedures following a known or potential exposure at the golf course in compliance with CDC recommendations.
- The safety and well-being of the Park Commission’s staff and all golfers is of paramount importance. For this reason, the Commission is committed to ensuring that all of its golf courses have a sufficient number of workers to perform the above protocols effectively.
Social Distancing Requirements at All Golf Courses:
- Park Commission staff, golfers, and all other individuals are required to wear cloth face coverings in all settings on the golf course where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, except where doing so would inhibit that individual’s health, or where the individual is under two years of age.
- Golfers shall at all times and, in particular, when on golf tee boxes and golf greens maintain appropriate social distancing by remaining six feet apart from others.
– Somerset County Park Commission Golf Operations