Somerset County Park Commission Golf Courses Update
Somerset County Golf has a few updates on changes that are taking place going forward:
***With the restrictions and golfers opting for single rider carts there is a shortage of carts at some of the Somerset County golf courses. Please be prepared to wait for a cart or for carts to not be available for your round***
• Tee times are shifting to 12 minutes starting on Saturday, June 20th
• Online bookings will no longer be required to be prepaid starting Friday, June 19th at 9 PM
• Golf Shops will be open for greens fee payments and limited merchandise purchases starting Saturday, June 20th
• All courses will have regular flags and holes (please DO NOT touch the flags and leave the flags in the holes until further notice!)
• Restrooms are now OPEN at all pro shops
• Putting greens are now open, but with NO cups
We will continue to advise as other restrictions are lifted in the future!
General Golfing Policies and Procedures:
Golf Shop Hours of Operation:
- 8AM-8PM: Monday-Friday.
- 7AM-8PM: Saturday, Sunday & Holidays.
- Book and pay through the Somerset County Golf tee time service: https://somerset-county-parks.book.teeitup.com/
Booking Instructions for Tee Time Service:
– Click Login/Sign Up in top right corner of the page
– Login with Email (email you used when registering for a county card) and password you created on the tee time service
– Once you are logged in, you can book tee times for all courses
– If you have not signed up already, click the Login/Sign Up button and proceed to the Sign Up section on the next page
– Enter in all the correct information, especially the email address (make sure to use the same one you used to register with)
– Create a password that is a at least 8 characters with a minimum of two numbers
– Once you are done with creating the password click Sign Up and you are all ready to book tee times
If you are having trouble with booking online, please call GolfNow Support at (844)-800-4653 and they will be able to help you out.
Other Guidelines, Procedures & Precautions:
- Walk-on play will not be permitted at this time to limit the interaction and to continue to follow social distancing practices
- Golf carts shall be limited to single occupant unless two individuals desiring to share a cart are immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners
- Golf club and pull cart rentals are suspended until further notice.
- Range bag stands, bunker rakes, benches, ball washers, water coolers and all other “touchable” items have been removed from the golf course until further notice.
Practices and Procedures at Neshanic Valley Learning Center:
- The 9-hole Academy Course will be walking only.
- The use of the skill honing areas at the Learning Center such as the practice range, short game area, and training holes will be limited to Learning Center members holding season passes only with necessary social distancing protocols in place (see social distancing requirements below).
- Learning Center attendants will be responsible to socially distance members and deliver ball buckets to members. Empty ball buckets will be removed by attendants so that members do not have to touch anything.
Sanitization Measure to be Employed at All Golf Courses:
- All high-touch areas will be routinely, and after each use, cleaned and disinfected in accordance with CDC guidelines. Such areas include, but are not limited to, golf carts, counter tops, door knobs, other common surfaces, range buckets and other frequently touched surfaces including employee used equipment. It shall be the Park Commission policy to ensure cleaning procedures following a known or potential exposure at the golf course in compliance with CDC recommendations.
- The safety and well-being of the Park Commission’s staff and all golfers is of paramount importance. For this reason, the Commission is committed to ensuring that all of its golf courses have a sufficient number of workers to perform the above protocols effectively.
Social Distancing Requirements at All Golf Courses:
- Park Commission staff, golfers, and all other individuals are required to wear cloth face coverings in all settings on the golf course where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, except where doing so would inhibit that individual’s health, or where the individual is under two years of age.
- Golfers shall at all times and, in particular, when on golf tee boxes and golf greens maintain appropriate social distancing by remaining six feet apart from others.
– Somerset County Park Commission Golf Operations